We strive to set the standards that other salons look up to. Does your salon double-dip their wax sticks? Do they use corn blades for pedicures that can injure you or spread infections? Do you visit a nail salon that uses toxic and banned MMA-based nail products? Do they disinfect their tools or use disposable items to prevent contamination? Do they even use gloves when performing services?
We hear the horror stories about other salons. We hear them from our clients, from our staff who used to work there and we even see them first-hand when we visit other salons (we always need to make sure we are ahead of the curve). Nail infections resulting in amputation, the spreading of genital herpes through double-dipping and respiratory infections are some of the more serious consequences of choosing a salon that does not practice good hygiene.
Let me tell you some of the things that we do at Polished Beauty.
- We never double-dip – the process of re-dipping the same end of a spatula back into the wax pot after it has been in contact with your skin (particularly for bikini waxing). Not to be confused with using the other clean end of the stick.
- We use disposable wooden wax sticks – a lot of salons pressure their staff into re-using the same wax stick to save money
- We use disposable files, buffers and tools and we disinfect the other tools with hospital grade disinfectant.
- We use disposable foot files to remove callous and built-up dead skin cells on your feet. Corn blades are banned in SA and can only be used by a medical practitioner – these blades present a serious risk of passing infection from one client to another if not sterilised in an auto-clave. Not to mention the risk of causing a serious cut. Leave the use of these to the Podiatrist.
- We provide disposable g-strings, hair nets, pedicure slippers, wet towels & more for your use in our salon.
- We wear gloves. I don’t think I need to elaborate too much more on that one.
- We clean our beauty beds, our rooms and our salon regularly.
- We use safe nail products and never anything containing the illegal compound MMA.
I want you to think about your last visit to a beauty or nail salon. Did they do all this? And if they didn’t, you need to click on our contact page, find our phone number and book an appointment with us today!