Before you come to your waxing appointment, there are a few things you can do to ensure the best possible wax and prevent ingrown hairs. There are also a few things that will help get the best results after your wax;
Before Bikini Waxing Guide
Before you come to your waxing appointment it’s important to prepare to get the best possible result.
- Take a nice warm shower and thoroughly clean your pubic area
- Your pubic hair should not be too long or too short. Between 0.5cm and 1.5cm is ideal
- Gently exfoliate the area prior to waxing
- Avoid swimming or too much sun 24 hours before
- Consider what underwear you are wearing. Can the therapist work around it? The area will be sensitive after, so not too tight.
- We provide a paper G-String and towelette for your convenience
After Bikini Waxing Guide
What you do after your wax will influence how the hair grows back.
- Avoid any heat sources like saunas, spas, steam rooms for 24 hours
- Avoid heavy exercise or sexual activity for 10 to 12 hours
- Avoid swimming and too much sun for a day or two
- Avoid tight clothing and tight underwear
- Gentle exfoliation 2 to 3 times a week will help to remove dead skin and avoid ingrown hairs
- Get a bottle of InGrown Zone to help prevent ingrown hair (available in-salon)
We also have heaps more information about Waxing